Monday, February 1, 2010

The Proposal of a Lifetime…

Yesterday began rather typically. Jared and I woke up pretty early and headed to the Waffle House for some yummy greasy goodness. We got back to the house and I got showered and ready to go for whatever adventures the day should bring us. As we are all ready Jared hands me an envelope, gives me a kiss, and tells me goodbye. Of course I was confused but I opened the envelope to find the first of my very special, very secret directions for my mission for the day.

My first mission was to go to the place where we had our very first date, Chylacas in Newnan. There I was to meet two informants that would give me my next directions. The informants, code name Principal and Rider, were my mom and dad. They gave me my next directions which told me to go to the park in Newnan and sit on the bench where he and I used to sit for hours and talk.

I got the park to meet my next informant, Zeus (Jared’s dad). He came up, gave me a big hug and an envelope directing me to the Waffle House where we had just had breakfast! I was directed to order a vanilla coke to go and to wait for my next informant, Explorer.

I pulled in to the Waffle House and saw Explorer, Roz, sitting there looking super cool wither sunglasses on. She came up and asked me my question that I had to answer to get my next envelope and I forgot what I was supposed to say. So, I ran back and got my prompt. Apparently while I was gone Roz told the waitress what was going on. I answered Explorer’s question and she gave me my next envelope that directed me to…Stone Mountain to meet Traveler!! As I was leaving Waffle House the whole restaurant was cheering and clapping because news had spread about the “mission” I was on.

I got to Stone Mountain to find my favorite scarf-wearing traveler, Annette. We took pictures in front of the mountain and had lots of hugs. I asked her the prompt and she gave me my next location but warned me not to get there before the specified time listed in the mission.

I didn’t quite know where the next location was considering all I had was an address, but I put it into my GPS and headed off. As I pulled into my location I realized (with much excitement) that I was at the Ritz-Carlton in Atlanta. The special note told me to go to the desk. At the desk I gave them my secret code name and they handed me a package with a room key and a room number.

I got into the room (which was INCREDIBLE!!!) to see a beautiful black evening gown laid out on the bed with a note telling me I had two hours to get dressed and ready to go and that “they” would come and pick me up. I was beaming! So, I primped and curled for two hours until I heard a knock on the door and opened it to reveal two of the cutest special agents, Jared’s friends Loyd and Taylor. They whisked me away in a black sedan to the super secret location.

As we pulled into the parking lot of the swan house in Atlanta I had no idea where it was but I felt like I was in a dream. As we neared the corner I could see Jared, in his suit looking so handsome, standing on the balcony waiting for me. As we got over to the destination I saw, standing beside the endless waterfall fountain, all of my family and all of Jared’s family. It was such a magical moment.

I climbed the stairs and found my prince charming with his most handsome smile waiting for me. He gave me a big kiss and said a few words then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes. We went down the stairs and joined our family for a champagne (or sparkling grape juice) toast. It was wonderful to be surrounded by so much love.

But the night didn’t end there. We went to Canoe (my absolute most favorite restaurant in the whole world!!) and shared a remarkable meal in one of the best seats in the house overlooking the river. We then joined his friends at Atlanta Grill inside the Ritz for martinis.

The night came to a close with us going back to the hotel room to find rose petals in the shape of a heart, a bottle of champagne, and strawberries dipped in chocolate.

It was the most magical day of my life. I truly felt like a princess. I am the most blessed and fortunate woman ever. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with Jared…..

If the proposal was this magical I can’t wait for the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment