Monday, November 16, 2009

Hi! My Name is Control Freak and I Have a Problem

I will be the first to admit that I am most definitely a control freak. I haven't always been this way, indeed, when I was just a wee one I would frolic and play with no worries. However, as the years have gone by I have found that I just can't help myself. I want to control things that are completely not up to me.

 

This is quite a conundrum for a full-time army girlfriend. The Army doesn't care if your girlfriend has control issues. In fact, they will most likely laugh at you if said information is presented.

 

So here I am wanting my boyfriend to come home and here I am alone for the third weekend in a row. I know this is just training for the case of an actual deployment but it still isn't fun to be so close and yet so far away.

 

So, in order to aid me in my lonesomeness I have: joined a gym, started knitting again, read some books, cleaned, did laundry, and the list goes on and on and on.

 

In the end, despite all the lonely nights and the minutes spent staring and willing the phone to ring, it is worth it just to see that smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment